Thursday, September 24, 2009

In Relation to Sexual Abuse: It's Affecting Parents and their Views on Men and Teaching Postitions

Another conversation I happened to over hear today was about a mother who wouldn't let her child attend an early science engineering class because she feared the male teacher was a pedophile. At first I was angered at this thought; how dare she just assume any male teacher is a sexual predator. It's not within the teachers capability, once the gossip starts, it never stops. And the poor, innocent teacher gets accused of a title he never deserved. But then I tried to think as a mother, and I realized she doesn't have much control of her thoughts either these days. The amount of pedophiles today are growing and seemingly good people are turning out to be disgusting and twisted. I have no solution, the teacher does what he loves, teaching; but the mother is showing her natural instinct to protect her children. I wish we could prove that not all people are like those who torture; and show that there are good people. Good men, who can teach our generations valuable education without sexually abusing them. Our world has changed so drastically.

1 comment: